Monday, January 26, 2015

Elaina Dated No One in 2014, & That's Okay

It's been a good long while, since I have written any new blogs, and that is directly attributed to one thing.

I have not dated anyone for an entire year. That's right, February marks an entire year of no dating, no sex, and no new stories to write about. Believe me it's not for a lack of trying to date. It's not like I set off last year with the hopes of celibacy, it just happened.

This weekend, I caught the bouquet at a very dear friend's wedding. The truer description of the "Catching of the bouquet", is that I stole the bouquet out of an old lady's grasp. After soaking in the joy of having "caught it", I realized that I had just ripped that chance out of an old lady's hands. It could have been her last shot, at convincing her lover- believe me, I know her, she has one- to finally make it legal, and put a ring on it. Then, thinking further on the subject, I realized that could be me one day, old and still "living in sin", and I was ok with it.

I saw the struggle of planning a wedding first hand, as my friend dealt with people pleasing, planning, and organizing for her wedding. Not to mention the fact that over the last year, I've also witnessed and been made aware of several partners cheating on one another, in marriages that were seemingly very strong. I DO believe in marriage. For the right two people, I have to believe that a marriage, a partnership, can be one of the most powerful and rewarding things in life. I wish my friend the absolute very best in her marriage and I am whole heartedly rooting for her and her husband.

For me, right now, I'm content with where I am. I lost my job today. I think this is a time to re-evaluate where I am in life, and what is important to me. I want to travel, I want to write more, I want to be a strong individual. I began 2014 thinking that I was on my way to becoming a big girl. I was right. I may not have that big girl job, but I've got my big girl pants on, and I am making big girl decisions everyday, proudly, and I do it alone for now.


This is a photo of the bouquet toss. I am standing directly behind where the bride is in this photo, and if you look to the left of the bride's shoulder, there is an older woman. She had her hands on the bouquet before I ripped the flowers away. I meant business. This photo is courtesy of someone who is not myself....I hope they don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment